"Um dia foi Hitler, e depois, a vez de Saddam. Eu creio que veremos o dia do presidente americano, que será julgado por atrocidade ocorrida no Iraque..."
(Aiatolá Khamenei, o líder supremo do Irã, num discurso na sexta-feira, pedindo punições a George W. Bush por mortes provocadas pela guerra.)
E quando "veremos o dia" dos mullahs do Irã?
Mais algumas citações de Khamenei, just for the fun of it:
- "When the American president visits countries in South America[...], the peoples there welcome him by burning the American flag...This means the shaking of the foundations of liberal democracy, of which the West, and above all America, claim to be the standard bearer....Day by day, the reputation of liberal democracy and of America - the vanguard of liberal democracy in the world - is diminished in the eyes of the world. At the same time, the reputation of Islamic Iran grows. The peoples understand that the Americans are lying, when they claim to be defending human rights."
- "A senior official in an important American political center, said: "Instead of bombs, send them miniskirts." He is right."
- "Yes, the young people go abroad, but they come back."
- "The purchase of any item which helps strengthen Zionism is not permissible."
- "...this cancerous tumor of a state [Israel] should be removed from the region."
- "the Islamic Republic has never threatened and will never threaten any country."
- "Palestinian refugees should return and Muslims, Christians and Jews could choose a government for themselves, excluding immigrant Jews."